Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Home is where the...smaller closet is

Honestly, I haven't spent a lengthy amount of time at home since I graduated from high school. And like many college girls across the country, I like to shop. A lot.

Over the last few years, shopping has been the de-stresser in my life. Walking around malls has some type of calming effect over me. Going to malls on a weekly (or several times a week) basis did wonders for my ever expanding closet. So much so that I accidentally broke the closet rod in my last college apartment. Oops.

Needless to say, it took the equivalent in a U-Haul truck to get my wardrobe home. But after an entire weekend of reorganizing, moving and switching clothes all over my house, my closet and its remnants are officially in their new home. Until I get a job...

Although it took a lot of hours and hard labor (my hard labor) to pack and unpack, I'm actually proud of my closet organizing skills. Move over Kim Kardashian--for those who didn't know, that's how she says she got her start: organizing celebrities' closets.

However, the worst part about having all my clothes hanging beautifully while I am at home is that I don't have ANYWHERE TO WEAR THEM! My hometown isn't exactly the place where one would wear a cute blazer to lunch or a fun pair of heels to dinner.

So aside from it being the normal thing to do after one is done with college, I need a job so I can wear something other than sorority t-shirts and sweats all day...

And who said patience was a virtue again?

No comments:

Post a Comment